Why Garage Doors Break Down
Nearly all homeowners in Munster who have a garage have experienced some sort of garage door problem. Here are some common reasons why decay or breakdowns may happen, resulting in the necessity of repairs:
- Lack of maintenance. Basic garage door maintenance should be performed on a regular basis. When it’s not, a garage door may decay earlier that in would otherwise. Common maintenance to-dos include lubricating moving parts, checking and replacing broken springs, and repairing weather stripping and sealants.
- Moisture. If maintenance isn’t performed properly (and sometimes, even if it is), moisture can wreak havoc on a garage door. For most garage doors, the biggest problem with moisture is rust. However, for wooden garage doors, moisture can also mean rot, mold, and decay. Moisture can also be a problem in the wintertime when temperatures drop below freezing, as water will expand upon freezing. This can lead to broken parts. In some cases, a garage may even get frozen shut.
- Age. The reason that your garage door is no longer working as it should may have nothing to do with the above, and may instead be a result of old age alone. Old garage doors tend to need serious repairs, and sometimes even full replacement. If your garage door is older than a decade, contact a professional for an inspection.
- Accidents. Every accidentally rear-ended your garage door? Or tapped it with the front of your car when pulling in? These things happen, but they can be damaging to a garage, leaving it off balance, breaking a spring or cable, or denting the panels.
Garage Door Repairs We Offer
At Affordable Garage Door, Inc., we understand that garage doors break down for a number of reasons, and that’s why we’re always repaired for whatever comes our way. If your Munster garage door is in a state of disarray, we can help with:
- Broken springs;
- Broken cables;
- Malfunctioning automatic reversal systems;
- Broken garage door openers and remotes;
- Damaged garage door panels;
- Damaged rollers and tracks; and
No garage door problem is too big for our experienced Munster garage door repair team!
Contact Affordable Garage Door, Inc. Today to Learn More
We have been in business in Munster for more than 30 years, and pride ourselves on customer satisfaction. If you want to learn what all the hype is about – and why our clients love us – start by giving us a call at your earliest convenience. We provide quick and effective solutions at an affordable price when a garage door is in need of repair. We also offer new garage door installation, garage door replacement, and garage door maintenance. Reach us today at 219-696-4279 for a free quote.