Posted on: September 20, 2022
Which Type of Garage Door Opener is Best for Me?
- How it’s driven: Openers all have a motor that moves a carriage along a rail in order to open and close your garage door. There are different ways that this action is achieved. One way is belt-driven. A belt creates a quieter and smoother process which is different from a chain-drive opener. Discuss with our team what may be best for your home if you are unsure.
- Horsepower: Deciding on the strength of the motor to move your door depends on the size and weight of your garage door. The heavier your garage door, the more horsepower you will need to safely operate it for years to come. Wood garage doors are often heavier and will need a higher horsepower motor to safely operate them. Always make sure that your garage door is correctly balanced to keep it moving correctly.
- Backup process: You will want to have your garage accessible during a power outage, so a backup plan is a vital part of the decision. For instance, a battery backup is a way to still operate your garage door opener even without electricity or a manual release allows for the disconnection of the opener from the door to allow you to open and close the door manually.
- Reliability: Obviously, you want a brand and model that has a track record of working consistently for years. At Affordable Garage Door, we provide options with vendors that have a consistent record of reliability.
- Wi-Fi connection: Innovations have hit the garage door industry just like everywhere else! Wi-Fi connections keep you connected to your garage door opener even when you are not home. You can access it through an app on your phone to open or close it when you are not even home.
- Budget: How much you want to spend should always be a factor in your home improvement decisions. If you are not sure about offerings, let our team know and we can offer our expertise and advice.
Our Specialists Are Here For You
Reach out to our team if you have any questions on garage door openers, installing a new garage door or if you want to have your door inspected for possible repairs. Our team also can assist business owners with a new garage door or opener. We are experienced in repairs for broken springs, panels or rails. It is always best to let a professional work on your garage door for safety reasons. We are available through our online contact form.